The Branch Director is responsible for the educational, artistic and administrative management of the Kardon-Northeast Branch and works as a member of the senior management in the overall administration of Settlement Music School. The person will work closely with all Branch Directors and the Director of Education to build upon successful program development models to encourage student recruitment from the community. The Branch also includes the Kardon Center for Arts Therapy, one of the tri-state area’s largest arts therapy programs, and the Branch Director works collaboratively with the Kardon Center’s Director. The Kardon-Northeast Branch Director is integral to building new partnerships and developing existing ones in the local community, which has been an area of tremendous growth for the School in the past several years.
Specific responsibilities for this full-time position include:
*Hire and supervise a six person (full-time and part-time) office and custodial staff
* Assign and supervise approximately 40 faculty
* Oversee programs that provide more than 650 services per week
* Develop partnerships within the community served by the branch
* Continue to build enrollment
* Act as the staff liaison to the Kardon-Northeast Branch Board of Directors
* Manage a 15,000 square foot branch facility and grounds
The Branch Director reports to the Chief Executive Officer and works closely with the Director of Education.
* Bachelors degree in music performance or music education; Masters degree in music performance or music education or equivalent experience preferred
* 5+ years teaching experience and arts administrative experience that includes management
* Extensive knowledge in the field of community arts education
* Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
* Ability to establish strong working relationships with individuals inside and outside the institution and be an outstanding advocate of Settlement’s mission
Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
Send cover letter and resume by email only to: Helen Eaton, CEO, firstname.lastname@example.org
Settlement Music School is an Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.