Founded in 1908, Settlement Music School, a non-profit organization, is one of the largest community schools of the arts in the United States and serves children and adults of all ages. We offer 10,000 services every week in music, dance, and arts therapy at our branch locations across the Philadelphia region, online, and through dozens of community partnerships across the region, and are proud to offer financial aid to more than 60% of our student population, Settlement continues the principles of its Founders, that there be no barriers to participating in music and arts education.
Branch Coordinator, Wynnefield
4910 Wynnefield Ave, Philadelphia, PA
The Branch Coordinator is a critical position within Settlement Music School. In partnership with the Branch Director, this position is responsible for achieving enrollment and revenue goals, managing efficient office functions, and ensuring a high level of customer service. The Branch Coordinator works closely with the faculty, staff, students, and their families on a daily basis. The successful candidate will help the School meet its mission of providing accessible, creative arts education for all by welcoming and enrolling new and returning students.
- Meet with prospective and returning families — provide guidance and recommendations on appropriate programming and placement with instructors.
- Manage registration process to ensure fast response time, detailed intake tracking, and consistent documentation.
- Process financial aid requests.
- Oversee all aspects of faculty payroll, student billing, cash reconciliation, and bank deposits.
- Work closely with Branch Director to build enrollment and programming.
- Effectively administer and communicate School policies.
- Assign tasks to and supervise Branch Receptionist/s.
- Assist in identifying community resources and partnerships for the School.
- Provide support at School events, meetings, and performances.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Branch Director.
- Bachelor’s degree required – arts-related field preferred.
- At least one year of experience in a professional office setting, preferably within an academic or arts organization.
- Experience in the music education field.
- Embody the School’s values and support Settlement’s mission.
- Skilled at establishing and cultivating strong relationships with peers across different levels of the organization and externally.
- Ability to set objectives, develop plans, and achieve goals.
- Highly organized, attentive to detail, and goal oriented.
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills.
- Exemplary customer service.
- Empathetic communicator and careful listener.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including but not limited to Excel, Outlook and Word, plus the ability to learn other software programs as needed.
COVID-19 and Workplace Policy:
As of September 21, 2021, Settlement Music School requires that all on-site employees show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Medical and religious exemptions are reviewed on an individual basis.
The Branch Coordinator is an on-site position. Must be available to work evening hours and Saturdays.
Salary: $36,000 – $38,000
- Medical & Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- 403b retirement contribution match
- Paid holidays, sick leave, and personal leave
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume by email only to: Alex Serio at email@example.com.
Settlement Music School is an Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.