Settlement Music School’s Kardon Center for Arts Therapy is currently seeking part-time music, art and dance/movement therapists for the Philadelphia region. As part of Settlement Music School, the Kardon Center for Arts Therapy’s mission is to provide creative arts therapy services that are accessible to all. Our therapists provide services at the five branch locations around the Philadelphia area, as well as a growing number of community partnerships. Art, music and dance therapy are provided to children and adults, with ages ranging from toddlers to older adults and diverse therapeutic needs and goals.
We are looking for a highly motivated, creative and compassionate therapists to fill these positions in our growing creative arts therapy program. The therapist will have the opportunity to provide services in-person and online, for both individuals and groups.
Responsibilities and requirements include:
• Develop treatment goals and objectives with the individuals and/or groups that are age and developmentally appropriate
• Conduct group and/or individual creative arts therapy sessions on a weekly basis
• Develop and utilize appropriate accommodations and adaptations to meet clients’ needs
• Maintain effective, timely communication with community partners, branch director(s) and Kardon Center manager
• Be creative and flexible to adapt to client and program needs
• Complete assessments and submit necessary documentation in a timely manner
• Master’s degree in music, art or dance/movement therapy. Bachelor’s degree in music therapy will be considered with comparable experience.
• Board Certified Music Therapist (MT-BC)
• Registered Dance/Movement Therapist (R-DMT)/Board-certified (BC-DMT) strongly preferred
• Registered Art Therapist (ATR)/Board-certified (ATR-BC) strongly preferred
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Teresa Thompson at email@example.com
Settlement Music School is an Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.