Founded in 1908, Settlement Music School, a non-profit organization, is one of the largest community schools of the arts in the United States serving children and adults of all ages at five branches in Pennsylvania located in South, West and Northeast Philadelphia, Germantown, Willow Grove, Pennsylvania, and its virtual branch, Settlement Music Online. Settlement provides over $2.6 million dollars each year in financial aid and scholarships to 60% of its students. Settlement’s reach is broad, and it continues the principles of its founders, that there be no barriers to participating in music and arts education. Settlement Music School is one of only 18 community schools of the arts in the country that has national accreditation through ACCPAS – the Accrediting Commission of Community and Precollegiate Arts School.
Settlement Music School’s Kardon Center for Arts Therapy is currently seeking part-time contracted creative arts therapists serving the Greater Philadelphia region. As part of Settlement Music School, the Kardon Center for Arts Therapy’s mission is to provide creative arts therapy services that are accessible to all. Our therapists provide services at five branch locations in the Philadelphia area, as well as a growing number of community partnerships. Art, music, and dance therapy are provided to children and adults, with ages ranging from toddlers to older adults with diverse therapeutic needs and goals.
We are looking for highly motivated, creative and compassionate therapists to fill positions in our growing creative arts therapy program. Therapists will have opportunities to work with individual clients and within community partnerships, depending on preference and availability. Reliable transportation is required for this position. We offer competitive rates with additional payment for working off-site. All therapists are eligible for benefits starting at 10 hours.
- Develop treatment goals and objectives with the individuals and/or groups that are age and developmentally appropriate
- Conduct group and/or individual music therapy sessions on a weekly basis
- Develop and utilize appropriate accommodations and adaptations to meet client’s needs
Maintain effective, timely communication with community partners, branch director(s) and Kardon Center manager
Be creative and flexible to adapt to client and program needs
Complete assessments and submit necessary documentation in a timely manner
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music Therapy (Master’s Degree strongly preferred), Master’s Degree in Art Therapy, Master’s Degree in Dance/Movement Therapy
- Board Certified Music Therapist (MT-BC) or must pass board certification within 6 months of hire; in supervision towards completing DMT and AT board certifications
- Starting hourly rate is $40.60 per hour for individual instruction and $44.90 per hour for classes
- Off-site sessions: Additional $10.00 per hour
- Medical, dental, and vison benefits
- Educational discounts for Settlement lessons and classes
- 403b retirement contribution
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Paid sick days
- Medical expense and dependent care reimbursement
- Professional development funds
*Eligibility for certain benefits is based on employee’s hours worked and/or length of employment.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Laura Cerulli at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Settlement Music School is an Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.