Settlement Music School seeks a Director of Major Gifts to maintain and expand the School’s major donor prospect pipeline. Reporting to the Chief Advancement Officer, and joining four additional fundraisers, the Director of Major Gifts will support the CEO, Chief Advancement Officer, Board, volunteers, and consultants in their work to expand the base of individual major gifts (annual, planned giving, and campaign) at Settlement Music School. This position reports to the Chief Advancement Officer and is part of a six-person advancement team.
Qualifications: The successful candidate will thrive in this fast-paced environment and will have an infectious enthusiasm that will attract new supporters to the cause. He/She will be curious, seasoned, responsible, and focused, with experience in major gifts and capital campaigns.
Excellent writing, attention to detail, a high level of computer literacy, and research skills are essential, as are exceptional interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively with all levels of staff, volunteers, Board members, donors, and prospective donors. Bachelor’s degree is required and 3-5 years of successful experience in major gift fundraising is preferred.
- Create, develop, cultivate, and maintain a portfolio of 100+ donors and prospects with a giving capacity of $5,000 and above
- Solicit and close gifts in the $5,000 to $100,000 range, including outright and planned gifts
- Review and qualify new major gift prospects
- Meet monthly goals of donor meetings and visits
- Support CEO, CAO, Board and volunteers in moving donors through the giving pipeline
- Prepare proposals and reports for major gift donors and prospects
- Organize and monitor staff and volunteer assignments and follow-up, and assist in all aspects of volunteer-led events
- Execute annual Planned Giving marketing campaign
- Participate in department-wide activities and initiatives relating to special events, cultivation, and stewardship activity
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
Settlement Music School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.