Settlement Music School seeks a Director of Major Gifts to maintain and expand the School’s major donor prospect pipeline, thereby providing support for a $16 million Transforming Lives major gifts campaign, which will be announced to the public in April 2019. Reporting to the Chief Advancement Officer, and joining four additional fundraisers, the Director of Major Gifts will support the CEO, Chief Advancement Officer, Board, volunteers, and consultants in their work to expand the base of individual major gifts (annual, planned giving, and campaign) at Settlement Music School.
- Plans and executes a major gifts initiative inclusive of annual giving and the $16 million Transforming Lives Campaign (public announcement slated for April 2019)
- Create, develop, cultivate, and maintain a portfolio of 100+ donors and prospects with a giving capacity of $5,000 and above
- Solicit and close gifts in the $5,000 to $100,000 range, including outright and planned gifts
- Review and qualify new major gift prospects based on recent wealth screening (December 2018) of current constituency (alumni, current families) and on prospects identified by Board/volunteers
- Meet monthly goals of donor meetings and visits
- Support CEO, CAO, Board and volunteers in moving donors through the giving pipeline via strategy development, donor communications, attending and arranging donor meetings, preparing briefings and assembling presentations
- Prepare proposals and reports for major gift donors and prospects
- Organize and monitor staff and volunteer assignments and follow-up, and assist in all aspects of volunteer-led events
- Execute annual Planned Giving marketing campaign
- Participate in department-wide activities and initiatives relating to special events, cultivation, and stewardship activity
The successful candidate will love the field of community arts and endorse the social justice mission that is at the core of the School’s 111-year history of serving every member of the community, and will have an infectious enthusiasm that will attract new supporters to the cause. In a fast-paced and lean staffing environment, the ideal candidate will be curious, seasoned, responsible, and focused, with experience in major gifts and capital campaigns. The School seeks candidates with 3-5 years of successful experience in major gift fundraising.
Excellent writing, attention to detail, a high level of computer literacy, and research skills are essential, as are exceptional interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively with all levels of staff, volunteers, Board members, donors, and prospective donors. Bachelor’s degree is required.
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements by email only to email@example.com.
Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
Settlement Music School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.