Full-time Manager and Program Administrator OR Part-time Manager | Kardon Center for Arts Therapy
Founded in 1908 Settlement Music School, a non-profit organization, is one of the largest community schools of the arts in the United States serving children and adults of all ages at five branches in Pennsylvania located in South, West and Northeast Philadelphia, Germantown, Willow Grove, Pennsylvania, and its virtual branch, Settlement Music Online. Settlement provides over $2.6 million dollars each year in financial aid and scholarships to fully 60% of its students. Settlement’s reach is broad, and it continues the principles of its Founders, that there be no barriers to participating in music and arts education. The Kardon Center for Arts Therapy is a leading Creative Arts Therapy service provider for people of all ages and backgrounds.
Position: Kardon Center for Arts Therapy Manager
Mary Louise Curtis Branch
416 Queen St.
Philadelphia, PA 19147
This position can be full-time or part-time depending on the candidate’s qualifications and interests. The Manager is responsible for oversight of the Kardon Center arts therapists, program development, and community engagement, and may also be responsible for the administrative management of the program. Also, depending on the Manager’s qualifications and interests, they may also work as a creative arts therapist in the program during hours outside of their management duties. The Manager reports to the Dean, and works closely with all Branch Directors, Coordinators, and Executive Director of Early Childhood.
Specific responsibilities for this full or part-time position include:
- With the Chief Executive Officer and Dean, lead the recruitment and hiring process of all arts therapists.
- In coordination with the Branch Directors, develop creative arts therapy programming which is responsive to the needs of the branch families and community partners.
- Work with the Communications Department in all marketing efforts to drive enrollment of creative art therapy clients.
- Manage therapist schedules in cooperation with the Branch Coordinators using TheraNest.
- Conduct intake appointments and information sessions with current and prospective arts therapy clients.
- Ensure high level of communication with therapists, including class and private session observations.
- Work with therapists to develop continuing education opportunities.
- Provide Supervision for Settlement therapists.
- For Full-Time Position Only: Manage all aspects of client billing, invoicing, and documentation records in coordination with Branch Staff and TheraNest administrator.
- Pennsylvania requirements for Clinical Supervisors.
- LPC with 5 years’ experience and board certified in arts modality.
- Previous experience in providing Creative Arts Therapy (preferably music), three plus years.
- Proficiency with MS Office software and TheraNest preferred.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse constituency.
- Ability to think strategically and work collaboratively, and ability to manage multiple projects with a calm demeanor is a must.
- Ability to be an outstanding advocate of Settlement’s mission.
- Models in all actions Settlement’s shared value of the importance of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.
- Schedule includes regular evening and Saturday hours during school year.
- Access to an automobile required.
- Hybrid work schedule possible.
Full-time salary range is $60,000 – 62,000 with comprehensive benefits.
If interested, being an arts therapist in the program is paid separately from the role as Manager/Program Administrator. The pay scale for arts therapists ranges from $38.10 to $46.40 depending on qualifications.
Send cover letter and resume by email only to: Karin Orenstein, Dean, firstname.lastname@example.org
Settlement Music School is an Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.