The Kaleidoscope Arts Enrichment Music Teacher at the Mary Louise Curtis Branch is responsible for the music component of the Kaleidoscope Program, and in that role will be creative and capable of developing well-rounded lesson plans for young children ages 3 to 5 that will enhance school readiness skills. The Music Teacher will be able to collaborate with fellow artist teachers and early childhood teachers to create lesson plans that are derived from the Early Learning Pennsylvania standards and will work as a member of the Teacher Training Institute for the Arts planning and conducting pertinent trainings for staff and the public at large. The Music Teacher will work closely with all teachers and students to ensure continuity amongst all disciplines and will also work closely with the Director of Early Childhood Education to build upon successful program systems and research models.
Specific responsibilities for this full-time position include:
- Provide any and all documentation necessary for program licensing under the PA Department of Human Services and the PA Department of Education regulations.
- Knowledge of and compliance with all Settlement Music School Code of Personnel Practices and Head Start Performance Standards and NAEYC Accreditation Criteria.
- Work cooperatively with Settlement Music School staff, Early Childhood Program staff, and all other support service providers. Communicate with Kaleidoscope Program Director/Family Services Provider all information regarding children’s health and welfare.
- Provide orientation, guidance and direction to all classroom teachers who assist in arts studios.
- Plan curriculum and monthly concept implementation for music classes consistent with NAEYC guidelines for developmentally appropriate practice and the Kaleidoscope Arts for Early Childhood Curriculum.
- Ability to incorporate literacy, science and math into daily lessons. Plan, consult, and coordinate daily with classroom teachers. Provide and post monthly lesson plans for school year. Prepare and complete all steps in individual child assessment process.
- Fully participate in special events, staff meetings, parent meetings, committee assignments, research projects, and conference presentations.
- Manage music studio: setup, inventory, ordering and maintenance.
- Facilitate and encourage parent communication and parent involvement.
- Serve as faculty/trainers for the Teacher Training Institute of the Arts.
- Participate and contribute to program planning, evaluation and professional development Seek ongoing personal professional development and support professional development of co-workers.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Early Childhood Director necessary to sustaining growth and improvement of all programs included in the Settlement Music School Early Childhood Initiatives.
The Kaleidoscope Music Teacher reports to the Director of Early Childhood Education.
- Minimum Bachelors of Music, music education preferred
- 3+ years teaching experience with preschool aged children in classroom setting
- Extensive knowledge in the field of music education
- Ability to collaborate, plan and execute performances
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with individuals inside and outside the institution and be an outstanding advocate of Settlement’s mission
- Joyful person who has a special affinity for working with young children
Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
Send cover letter and resume by email only to: Tarrell Davis, Director, email@example.com
Settlement Music School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.