Thank you for taking the time to review Settlement’s COVID-19 Policies and Procedures. The policies below reflect the CDC Guidelines as of August 11, 2022. Please remember that our online learning platform is always an option if you would prefer to stay home for your lesson or class. We encourage anyone with questions or concerns to reach out to us at any time.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 (Everyone, regardless of vaccination status):
- Stay home for five days.
- If you have no symptoms or your symptoms are resolving after five days, you may enter our buildings.
- Continue to wear a mask around others for five additional days.
- If you have a fever, continue to stay home until your fever resolves.
- If you were exposed to someone with COVID-19 (Everyone, regardless of vaccination status):
- Wear a mask around others for 10 days.
- Testing on day five is strongly encouraged.
- If you develop symptoms, get a test, and stay home.
Personal Protective Equipment
- All Settlement spaces, including lobbies, hallways, studios, classrooms, rehearsal spaces, and offices, are now mask-optional spaces. If there is a request from a Settlement employee or a student for the people in their studio/classroom/rehearsal space to continue wearing masks, this request needs to be made to the Branch Director.
- Settlement’s Kaleidoscope Pre-School follows separate procedures given by the School District of Philadelphia.
- In the event of a sharp increase of COVID-19 cases in our region, we may return to temporary, mandatory mask wearing as an extra precaution in minimizing the risk of COVID-19 within our buildings.
- For employees/families/guests who would like to continue wearing masks, we ask them to provide their own masks. A limited number of masks will be available on-site in the event of an emergency.
Lessons, Therapy Sessions, Classes, and Rehearsals
- Students may not enter the studio/classroom/rehearsal space until authorized to do so by their teacher/director.
- Faculty and students must wash and/or sanitize their hands prior to the lesson/class/rehearsal.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located on each floor of every building.
- Students should be encouraged not to touch the piano anywhere except the keys.
- After each lesson, the faculty member must use a disinfectant wipe to clean down the keys. After the teacher has completed the wipe down, the teacher must use hand sanitizer to clean their own hands or wash their hands.
- Please use the disinfectant wipes provided in the rooms to clean the piano.
GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR CLEANING PIANO KEYS:
- Use alcohol-based disinfectants; do not use bleach-based disinfectants or any product containing citrus.
- If using a spray or liquid bottle, use a disposable towel to dry the keys. Put the disinfectant on the towel and not the piano.
- After use, immediately put the towel or disinfectant hand wipe in the trash and wash your hands. Do not use reusable towels or cloths.
- Always follow up with a dry towel and never leave any liquids on the piano or keys.
- If using sanitizing wipes, wipe down all keys going from back to front of each key.
- Our buildings are cleaned thoroughly and on a regular basis which includes the use of hydrostatic foggers when needed.