Assistant Cook – Part-Time 8am to 1pm
Settlement Music School is seeking a part-time cook for our Early Childhood Programs. The Cook works under the supervision of the Head Cook and Early Childhood Program Director.
Assistant Cook responsibilities:
- Provides all documentation necessary for all city, state, and federal program licensing.
- Knowledge of and compliance with all Settlement Music School Code of Personnel Practices and Head Start Performance Standards, CACFP regulations
- Works cooperatively with all Settlement Music School staff and Early Childhood Program and support service staff.
- Maintains a sanitary, orderly, and safe environment in the food service area in accordance with city, state, and federal regulations.
- Trains volunteers or new food service personnel.
- Knowledge of food service, preparation, and menu substitutions. Prepares nutritious meals on schedule. Works in close cooperation with School District of Philadelphia Head Start nutrition staff and CACFP requirements.
- Maintenance and storage of food, food service supplies and materials.
- Prepares and manages food and milk inventory and orders.
- Fully participates in special events, staff meetings, research projects, conference presentations or other assignments.
- Participation and contribution to program planning, evaluation, and professional development. Seeks ongoing personal professional development and supports professional development of co-workers.
- Performs any other duties assigned by the Early Childhood Director necessary to sustaining growth and improvement of all programs included in the Settlement Music School Early Childhood Initiatives.
Qualifications: One year working experience in food preparation. Interest in cooking. Requisite skills for quantifying recipes, meal patterns for ages 3 to 5, food storage, cleaning, and sanitizing.
The Cook works under the supervision of the Head Cook and Early Childhood Program Director.
COVID-19 and Workplace Policy:
As of September 21, 2021, Settlement Music School requires that all on-site employees show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Medical and religious exemptions are reviewed on an individual basis.
Settlement Music School is an Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.
To apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume by email only to: Tarrell Davis, Director of Early Childhood Programs, firstname.lastname@example.org.