Settlement Music School seeks a Full-Time Assistant Teacher/Floater for our Kaleidoscope Preschool Arts Enrichment Program. The Assistant Teacher/Floater will provide support to the whole School by assisting a different class each day or filling in when a substitute is needed. The Assistant Teacher/Floater plays a crucial role in assisting while getting to know each child, teacher, and family we serve. Assistant Teachers/ Floaters work under the direct supervision of the Early Childhood Director. Assistant Teachers/Floaters will receive a written evaluation by the Program Director at the end of each school year.
Assistant Teachers/Floaters responsibilities:
- Provides all documentation necessary for program licensing under PA Department of Human Services and PA Department of Education regulations.
- Knowledge of and compliance with all Settlement Music School Code of Personnel Practices and Head Start Performance Standards, PA Early Learning Standards, and requirements including safety and emergency procedures.
- Works cooperatively with Settlement Music School staff, Early Childhood Program staff, Head Start and all other support service personnel. Communicates all information on children’s health, welfare, education, and family issues to Head Teacher and Kaleidoscope Social Worker.
- Takes the leadership position in the classroom as Assistant Teacher in the absence of the Teacher.
- With Teachers shares in all phases of curriculum planning, and assessment using NAEYC, Developmentally Appropriate Practice and the Kaleidoscope Preschool Arts Enrichment Program Curriculum, and PA Learning Standards.
- With assistance and supervision of the Teacher, prepares and conducts small group activities during homeroom time. Adheres to appropriate supervision policies. Communicates daily with artist teachers and fully participates as assistant to artist teachers.
- Assists Teacher with individual child assessment. Encourages parent participation in the Kaleidoscope program.
- Abides by all active supervision policies and procedures.
- Agree to complete 10-hour teacher orientation online.
- With Teacher shares in all classroom preparation and maintenance responsibilities.
- With Teacher maintains daily, weekly, and monthly record-keeping.
- Supports orientation and training of all new staff, parents, volunteers, and students.
- Supports special events, staff meetings, research projects, conference presentations, or other assignments.
- Participates and contributes to program planning, evaluation, and professional development. Seeks ongoing professional development.
- Performs any other duties assigned by the Early Childhood Program Director necessary to sustaining the growth and improvement of all programs included in the Settlement Music School Early Childhood Initiatives.
- Can provide state and federal clearances (Criminal, Child Abuse, FBI, NSOR), as well as 6-hour state Health and Safety training and child mandated reporter training that can be found on betterkidcare.com.
Qualifications: CDA, or AA preferred in Early Childhood and/or three years of experience working in the classroom of an early childhood program.
Pay: $27,300 – $15/hour
COVID-19 and Workplace Policy:
As of September 21, 2021, Settlement Music School requires that all on-site employees show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Medical and religious exemptions are reviewed on an individual basis.
Settlement Music School is an Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.
To apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume by email only to: Tarrell Davis, Director of Early Childhood Programs, email@example.com.