Assistant Teacher | Kaleidoscope Plus Afterschool Program
Qualifications: One year of experience working in the classroom of an early childhood program or elementary school.
Assistant Teachers responsibilities:
- Provide all documentation necessary for program licensing under PA. Department of Public Welfare and PA. Department of Education regulations. Knowledge of and compliance with all Settlement Music School Code of Personnel Practices, including safety and emergency procedures.
- Knowledge of and compliance with all Settlement Music School Code of Personnel Practices and Core Standards
- Works cooperatively with elementary schools and staff served by Kaleidoscope Plus
- Takes the leadership position in groups. Communicates all information on children’s health, welfare, education, and family issues to administration. Assists with orientation of new staff and substitute teachers.
- Participates in all phases of curriculum planning. With Lead Teachers maintains and sets up classroom, prepares and conducts small group activities, supervises homework and recreation. Participates with children and assists Artist Teachers during all arts instruction periods and during set-up and clean up.
- Fully participates in staff meetings, committee assignments, research projects, and conference presentations.
- Daily pick-up and escort for enrolled Kaleidoscope Plus children on time at one or more elementary schools
- Encourages and facilitates children’s participation in all program preparation and clean up.
- With Lead Teacher assists in daily, weekly, and monthly record-keeping.
- Encourages parent participation in the program.
- Supports program evaluation. Seeks opportunities for professional development.
- Performs any other duties assigned by the Program Director necessary to sustaining the growth and improvement of all programs.
Assistant teachers work under the direct supervision of the Kaleidoscope Administration.
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- 403b retirement contribution match
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume by email only to: Tarrell Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Settlement Music School is an Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.