Founded in 1908 Settlement Music School, a non-profit organization, is one of the largest community schools of the arts in the United States serving children and adults of all ages at five branches in Pennsylvania located in South, West and Northeast Philadelphia, Germantown, Willow Grove, Pennsylvania, and its virtual branch, Settlement Music Online. Settlement provides over $2.6 million dollars each year in financial aid and scholarships to fully 60% of its students. Settlement’s reach is broad, and it continues the principles of its Founders, that there be no barriers to participating in music and arts education.
Branch Coordinator, Willow Grove Branch
318 Davisville Road, Willow Grove, PA 19090
(Near the Willow Grove Mall; free onsite parking lot; short walk from Septa train)
Settlement is seeking a full-time Coordinator at our Willow Grove Branch. The Branch Coordinator assists the Branch Director in the administration of the branch. The Coordinator works closely with faculty, administrative staff, and students daily.
Specific responsibilities for this full-time position include:
- Manage student registrations for families including the selection of programs in cooperation with Branch Director
- Process and apply financial aid requests and application for students in cooperation with Branch Director
- Manage all aspects of student billing, collections, and account reconciliations
- Coordinate faculty schedules as well as process faculty and part-time staff payroll
- Manage Distance Learning and remote platforms with Faculty and Branch staff
- Assist Branch Director in identifying community resources for the School
- Assist with any branch events, meetings, and performances
The Branch Coordinator reports to the Branch Director
- Previous experience in a professional office and/or customer service setting (at least three years).
- Bachelor’s degree in any field
- Knowledge of music education
- Training on School’s software programs will be provided. Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 products a plus
- Excellent reading, writing, computer and communication skills
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse constituency
- Ability to think strategically and work collaboratively, and ability to manage multiple projects with a calm demeanor is a must
- Ability to be an outstanding advocate of Settlement’s mission
- Models in all actions Settlement’s shared value of the importance of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging in arts education.
The Full-time Coordinator position is considered an on-site position, with a flexible schedule that includes regular evening and Saturday hours during school year.
Salary: $36,000 – $37,000
- Medical & Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- 403b retirement contribution match
- Paid holidays, sick leave, and personal leave
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume by email only to: Kathleen Krull Kathleen.firstname.lastname@example.org
Settlement Music School is an Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.