Kaleidoscope Preschool at Settlement Music School is an award-winning program that has successfully centered arts within its curriculum for over thirty years. The academic, social-emotional, and creative impact that this work has on the students has been researched and documented. As an organization that primarily serves families who qualify for Head Start programs, accessibility and community are guiding values within Kaleidoscope Preschool’s work. KWEST Arts (Kaleidoscope Wants Everyone Succeeding Together through the Arts) is the community outreach and expansion initiative of Kaleidoscope Preschool.
KWEST teaching artists work collaboratively with classroom teachers at early childhood sites throughout Philadelphia in demonstrating and supporting the Kaleidoscope approach to arts integration. This effort is focused on both enhancing classroom teachers’ use of the arts as well as testing the KWEST curriculum. At the close of the KWEST Arts pilot program, our final curriculum will be published for widespread distribution in childcare and classroom settings. All participating teaching artists will be credited as contributors to the printed curriculum.
We are currently accepting applications for creative movement teaching artists as well as music teaching artists. The opportunities available are for the fall, 2023 season and are temporary positions that take place during school day hours.
- 1+ year experience coaching or working collaboratively with educators
- 2+ years experience working with children between the ages of three- through five-years old
- 3+ years experience leading programs within requested art discipline
- Completed education clearances (child abuse history, PA criminal check, and FBI fingerprints)
- Professional and dependable
- Communicative and open to sharing and receiving feedback
- Team-oriented and community-minded
- Reflective educator and ongoing learner
- Flexible and solution-focused
- Implement printed curriculum
- Generate creative ideas
- Apply time management to lesson prep and classroom practices
- Utilize successful classroom management strategies
- Communicate directly, compassionately, and effectively with educators
Hourly Rate: Hourly rate is $50 per hour.
Please send resume to Settlement Music School’s Executive Director of Early Childhood, Tarrell Davis, email@example.com.
Settlement Music School is an Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.