Founded in 1908, Settlement Music School, a non-profit organization, is one of the largest community schools of the arts in the United States and serves children and adults of all ages. We offer 10,000 services every week in music, dance, and arts therapy at our branch locations across the Philadelphia region, online, and through dozens of community partnerships across the region, and are proud to offer financial aid to more than 60% of our student population, Settlement continues the principles of its Founders, that there be no barriers to participating in music and arts education.
Director, Wynnefield Branch
4910 Wynnefield Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19131
The Branch Director is responsible for the educational, artistic, and administrative management of the Wynnefield Branch and works as a member of the senior management in the overall administration of Settlement Music School. The person will work closely with all Branch Directors and the Dean to build upon successful program development models to encourage student recruitment from the community. The Wynnefield Branch Director is integral to building new partnerships and developing existing ones in the local community, which has been an area of tremendous growth for the School in the past several years.
- Hire and supervise a six-person (full-time and part-time) office and custodial staff.
- Assign and supervise approximately 45 faculty.
- Oversee programs that provide more than 600 services per week.
- Manage Settlement’s Advanced Study Jazz Program.
- Develop relationships within the community served by the branch.
- Continue to build enrollment.
- Act as the staff liaison to the Wynnefield Branch Board of Directors.
- Manage an 18,000 square foot branch facility and grounds.
The Branch Director reports to the Chief Executive Officer and works closely with the Dean.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Skills:
- 5+ years teaching experience and arts administrative experience that includes management.
- Extensive knowledge in the field of community arts education.
- Belief in the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion in music education.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Attentive, empathetic leadership with enthusiasm for meeting and engaging with people. Listens closely to understand needs or concerns and takes steps based on that input. Gets back to people in a timely manner. Takes pride in providing clear, helpful information.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with individuals inside and outside the institution and be an outstanding advocate of Settlement’s mission.
- Bachelors degree in music performance or music education; Masters degree in music performance or music education or equivalent experience preferred.
COVID-19 and Workplace Policy:
As of September 21, 2021, Settlement Music School requires that all on-site employees show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Medical and religious exemptions are reviewed on an individual basis.
The Branch Director is an on-site position. Must be available to work evening hours and Saturdays.
Salary: $70,000 – $72,000
- Medical & Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- 403b retirement contribution match
- Paid holidays, sick leave, and personal leave
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume by email only to: Helen Eaton, CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Settlement Music School is an Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.