Founded in 1908 Settlement Music School, a non-profit organization, is one of the largest community schools of the arts in the United States serving children and adults of all ages at five branches in Pennsylvania located in South, West and Northeast Philadelphia, Germantown, Willow Grove, Pennsylvania, and its virtual branch, Settlement Music Online. Settlement provides over $2.6 million dollars each year in financial aid and scholarships to fully 60% of its students. Settlement’s reach is broad, and it continues the principles of its Founders, that there be no barriers to participating in music and arts education.
Position: IT Technician
Settlement is looking for a well-rounded person who enjoys immersing themselves in a wide array of technical arenas. The ideal candidate will be ready to engage daily with end users on issues ranging from desktop support topics to data analysis to report writing to VPN connectivity. They will have excellent interpersonal skills and must enjoy assisting on technical matters. They will also be highly organized in thought and presentation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing users in an Active Directory environment
- From replacing internal hardware of PCs to configuring server-based software
- Able to diagnose network connectivity issues, user configuration issues, etc.
- Responsible for regular audits of users, software, and hardware resources
- Occasional travel to our 5 branches in the Philadelphia area is required
- Programming experience is required
- Must have experience in managing ActiveDirectory, Azure, AWS, SQL Server, and BackupExec, WSUS
- End-user support
- Research and procurement of PC & network hardware & software
Settlement is a Microsoft and Cisco shop. Specific skills should include:
- Microsoft Windows 10/11
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 thru 2019
- Microsoft Office (including VBA)
- Microsoft 365
- Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0, .NET, C#.NET, and ASP.NET
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 through 2019
- IP Management
- Familiarity with IP networks – DHCP, DNS, VLANs, Subnets, IP Telephony
- Cisco Switches and Firewalls – manage, analyze and configure
$60,000 – $70,000 and Comprehensive Benefits
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume by email only to: Patrick Leiter, Chief Information Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Settlement Music School is an Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.