Founded in 1908 Settlement Music School, a non-profit organization, is one of the largest community schools of the arts in the United States serving children and adults of all ages at five branches in Pennsylvania located in South, West and Northeast Philadelphia, Germantown, Willow Grove, Pennsylvania, and its virtual branch, Settlement Music Online. Settlement provides over $2.6 million dollars each year in financial aid and scholarships to fully 60% of its students. Settlement’s reach is broad, and it continues the principles of its Founders, that there be no barriers to participating in music and arts education.
Part-time Student Services Assistant
Settlement Music School – Willow Grove Branch
318 Davisville Road, Willow Grove, PA 19090
Settlement is looking for a part-time Student Services Assistant at our Willow Grove Branch. The Student Services Assistant is the first to greet our students, families, and teachers, and must provide exemplary customer service. They also help maintain a safe and secure environment by monitoring the entrance doors, directing visitors to appropriate areas of the branch, maintaining guest logs, and notifying appropriate staff or teachers of arrivals, student absences, etc. Further, they maintain a working knowledge of all branch offerings and programs, and answers questions in a prompt and courteous manner. Other duties include general office administration, such as taking payments from students and data entry as well as calendar management for branch leadership.
- Previous experience in a professional office setting preferred.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Thrives in a job that requires a very high level of organization.
- Embodies the School’s values and supports Settlement’s mission: to provide the highest quality instruction in music and the related arts to children and adults, regardless of age, background, ability, or economic circumstance.
- Models in all actions Settlement’s shared value of the importance of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging in arts education.
Compensation is $15 per hour
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume by email only to:
Kathleen Krull, Branch Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Settlement Music School is an Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.