Settlement is looking for a part-time receptionist at our Wynnefield Branch. The receptionist is the first to greet our students, parents, and faculty, and must provide exemplary customer service. The receptionist also helps maintain a safe and secure environment by monitoring the entrance doors, directing visitors to appropriate areas of the branch, maintaining guest logs, and notifying appropriate staff or faculty of arrivals, student absences, etc. Further, the receptionist maintains a working knowledge of all branch offerings and programs and answers questions in a prompt and courteous manner. Other duties include general office administration, such as filing and data entry, as well as calendar management for branch leadership.
- Previous experience in a professional office setting preferred.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Answer phones in professional manner, take messages, and forward as necessary.
- Ability to work accurately with student payments on a computerized system.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and a high level of customer service.
- Embody the School’s values and support Settlement’s mission: to provide the highest quality instruction in music and the related arts to children and adults, regardless of age, background, ability, or economic circumstance.
Position will require hours of:
4 p.m. to 9 p.m. Monday – Thursday and 12 p.m. to 7 p.m. Friday
Settlement Music School is an Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.
Compensation is $15 per hour
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume by email only to:
Alex Serio – Branch Director