Founded in 1908 Settlement Music School, a non-profit organization, is one of the largest community schools of the arts in the United States serving children and adults of all ages at five branches in Pennsylvania located in South, West and Northeast Philadelphia, Germantown, Willow Grove, Pennsylvania, and its virtual branch, Settlement Music Online. Settlement provides over $2.6 million dollars each year in financial aid and scholarships to fully 60% of its students. Settlement’s reach is broad, and it continues the principles of its Founders, that there be no barriers to participating in music and arts education.
Settlement Music School is one of only 18 community schools of the arts in the country that has national accreditation through ACCPAS – the Accrediting Commission of Community and Precollegiate Arts School.
Position: Full-time Student Services Associate
Reports to: Branch Manager, Mary Louise Curtis Branch
Location: 416 Queen St., Philadelphia, PA 19147
Settlement is looking for a full-time Student Services Associate at our Mary Louise Curtis Branch. The Student Services Associate is the first to greet our students, families, and teachers, and must provide exemplary customer service. They also help maintain a safe and secure environment by monitoring the entrance doors, directing visitors to appropriate areas of the branch, maintaining guest logs, and notifying appropriate staff or teachers of arrivals, student absences, etc. Further, they maintain a working knowledge of all branch offerings and programs, and answers questions in a prompt and courteous manner. Other duties include general office administration, such as taking payments from students and data entry as well as calendar management for branch leadership.
- Previous experience in a professional office setting preferred.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills.
- Answers telephone promptly and professionally and routes calls to the appropriate person. Take and distributes messages as needed.
- Attend meetings, both on-site and offsite as requested.
- Assists on other projects as assigned.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Thrives in a job that requires a very high level of organization.
- Embody the School’s values and support Settlement’s mission: to provide the highest quality instruction in music and the related arts to children and adults, regardless of age, background, ability, or economic circumstance.
- Models in all actions Settlement’s shared value of the importance of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging in arts education.
The Student Services Associate is an on-site 35-hour week position. Must be available to work evening hours and Saturdays. Summer hours do not include Saturdays.
Compensation: $30,000 – $31,395
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Educational discounts for Settlement lessons and classes
- 403b retirement contribution
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Paid sick days
- Medical expense and dependent care reimbursement
- Professional development opportunities
*Eligibility for certain benefits is based on employee’s hours worked and/or length of employment.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume by email only to:
Jessica McGrath, Branch Director at email@example.com
Settlement Music School is an Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.