Founded in 1908 Settlement Music School, a non-profit organization, is one of the largest community schools of the arts in the United States serving children and adults of all ages at five branches in Pennsylvania located in South, West and Northeast Philadelphia, Germantown, Willow Grove, Pennsylvania, our partnership branch in Camden, New Jersey, and our newest virtual branch, Settlement Music Online. Settlement provides over $2.6 million dollars each year in financial aid and scholarships to 60% of its students. Settlement’s reach is broad, and it continues the principles of its Founders, that there be no barriers to participating in music and arts education.
Position: Theater Teacher, Kaleidoscope Plus- after school programming
Monday through Friday
2:30pm to 6:00pm
Specific responsibilities for this part-time position include:
- Theater curriculum planning and implementation that meets NAEYC and Kaleidoscope Arts for Early Childhood Curriculum standards.
- Classroom management, redirection for pre-school aged children.
- Studio set up, inventory and maintenance.
- Working cooperatively with Settlement Music School staff, Early Childhood Program Staff, Elementary School staff, Head Start and other support personnel.
- Participating in orientation and training for new teaching staff, special events, staff meetings, committee assignments, research projects, and conference presentations.
- Escorting from local elementary schools
This position reports to the Executive Director of Early Childhood Programs.
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Theater or a related discipline is required
- Masters degree preferred.
- 2+ years of teaching experience in theater, particularly with 3 yr to 9 yr aged children.
- Applicant should be creative, energetic and outgoing.
- Experience working and collaborating with artist teachers, young children, parents and children with special needs.
Candidate must be able to provide all documentation necessary for program licensing under PA Department of Public Welfare and PA Department of Education Regulations which includes Child Abuse, FBI and Criminal Clearances and current health assessment.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume by email only to Tarrell Davis, Executive Director of Early Childhood Programs, email@example.com
Compensation includes an hourly rate of $30.00
Settlement Music School is an Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.