Settlement’s Corporate Partners recognize the role that music and arts education plays in creating an innovative, engaged, and productive society. Our Corporate Partners support us because they know that we are a venerable Philadelphia institution that reaches every demographic in the region, providing quality and excellence at every turn. Our programs have stood the test of time and have proven results.
Why partner with Settlement?
- We provide 10,000 weekly services of individual lessons, classes, and activities in music, dance, and visual arts at six branches across the region and with partners in our communities.
- Students come from every zip code in the eight PA and NJ counties in and around Philadelphia and from as far away as Lancaster, PA and Toms River, NJ.
- $2.6 million in financial aid is awarded annually to nearly 60% of student body.
- 11,000+ on email distribution list
- 270,000+ annual website pageviews
- 4,500+ Facebook page likes
- Over 100 YouTube videos with 40,000+ total views
Educational Improvement Tax Credit
Settlement Music School participates in Pennsylvania’s Educational Improvement Tax Credit Program (EITC). Your company may be able to contribute to Settlement in a fast and easy way and receive up to a 100% corporate tax credit. The deadlines for 2020 are May 15: Businesses returning for a 2-year commitment and July 1: Businesses applying for a one-year commitment or applying for the first time for a 2-year commitment. For information on how to apply, contact Amelia Schmertz at 215-320-2682 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also reference the links in the PDF downloads section below.
EITC-eligible programs include:
The Kaleidoscope Preschool Arts Enrichment Program, located at the Mary Louise Curtis Branch and the Germantown Branch, prepares young children for school using an arts-integrated, early learning approach.
Music Education Pathways
Music Education Pathways connects neighborhood schools in Philadelphia with Settlement’s Branches and, depending on the school’s needs, provides ensemble training experience in band, orchestra, or choir, or supplementary individual and group instruction.
Learn more about Music Education Pathways
Apply here for Educational Improvement Tax Credits
Corporate Partner Program
Corporate Partners provide support in many ways. Membership begins at the $2,500 level, with general support for Settlement Music School programming. $2,500 goes a long way at the Settlement. It can:
- Outfit 170 students in our after-school programs with concert attire for when they perform for their schools, on field trips, and at our year-end culminating concert at the Temple University Performing Arts Center.
- Provide two students with an entire year of private lesson tuition support, orchestra training, public speaking workshops, leadership classes, and college counseling.
- Make a year’s worth of supplies available for six music, visual arts, and creative movement teaching artists teaching in our Head Start Pre-K program.
For more information about Corporate Partnerships please contact:
- Social media promotion
- Logo / brand recognition in printed materials
- Use of a Settlement concert hall for an event
- Annual newsletter acknowledgment
- Customized student or faculty performances at your corporate events
Donors to Kaleidoscope and Music Education Pathways
through EITC 2019-2020
Bryn Mawr Trust
What We Do
We designed our flexible, best-in-class programming in music, dance, and creative arts therapy with our students in mind.
Settlement has served as a community hub and trusted resource for music and the creative arts since 1908.
Our six branches serve the Greater Philadelphia region, ensuring that excellence in arts education is available to all, regardless of location.